View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 15, 2013, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchitup View Post
I don't think the Expo Line lack of development is due to NIMBYs. At least the first phase - some of the Westside neighborhoods might have more NIMBY-ism. Right now the middle portion of the line (Expo / Western - Expo / Crenshaw) is sort of a "transitional" neighborhood with a bunch of what seems to be light-industrial business scattered throughout. With the line eventually bridging Santa Monica and DTLA (plus a connection to LAX via the Crenshaw Line) I think you will see a lot more development in that central portion of the line. And I think much more than on the Blue Line and especially the Green Line.
The Expo Line has received a very substantial amount of development, especially compared to Metro's previous light rail lines. Santa Monica and Culver City have lined up multiple projects to surround their stations. There are a handful of projects proposed for the portions running through LA as well.

The Expo/Crenshaw station will likely receive a lot of development as the Crenshaw Line takes form.