View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 16, 2020, 7:35 AM
REAL Kiwi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopas ej View Post
It's never taken me that long to get to San Diego; probably the longest it's taken me is 2.5 hours; maybe it depends on what part of LA you leave from, and what time of the week? And I guess it also depends on what part of San Diego you want to get to, too.
It's usually trafficky on the 5 through Commerce and into Norwalk, but then after you get through Santa Ana it opens up, and past the El Toro Y traffic often picks up even more. It helps to be able to use the carpool lane too. And I assume once the 5 Freeway widening project is done through Norwalk, the traffic will flow better (for a bit until traffic patterns become "normal" again).

If you're coming from the Inland Empire, I can see how taking the 15 to SD can be really trafficky.

For me, it's always been going to Santa Barbara where on a good day, you can get there in under 2 hours (sometimes even only 90 minutes), and other times it can take between 3 and 3-and-a-half hours, sometimes close to 4 hours. And then going HOME from Santa Barbara can also be a mess. For me leaving from/going back to South Pasadena, the drive through the SFV can be a nightmare.

But anyway, the point of this particular drive I took was to take it easy and enjoy the coastal towns that Interstate 5 bypasses.
Great little informational tour.

For me the highpoints are located between La Jolla and Oceanside, I love those beach towns of north county.