View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 8, 2011, 2:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonL-Moncton View Post
Tried to fly out of to Vegas two Saturday's ago...only airport that the morning flights cancelled, Moncton. SJ, Freddy, Charlottetown, Halifax all open and flying...Moncton, no go.

Some of my family said that they won't fly out of Moncton again in the winter...

(they'd even go so far as to drive to Bangor, where the tickets are half the price)

JL
Unfortunately our proximity to the Bangor airport is another key ingredient in what is holding our airports back. There is a huge portion of pleasure travellers heading to Bangor as the fares are about half the price and the routes are much better. As a business traveler where fare cost is irrelevant I have done the drive myself a few times simply because I can actually save on total travel time by utilizing their routes.

I can tell you that I took off from Halifax around midnight on Saturday evening in the middle of the storm in weather that would grounded all planes that fly in New Brunswick.

Eventually we will see a centralized airport where we can potentially compete against either HFX or BGR, but probably not in time for any of us to take advantage of it, and I am in my twenties, lol.