View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 6, 2011, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
The Greater Moncton International Airport should have a passenger count in the vicinity of 590,000 for 2010. This is over 50% of the provincial total for NB.

I just landed in the Halifax airport from Saint John on my way overseas for a few days and can't but think how silly we are in NB. If you said there was going to be an airport in SJ, Fred, and Moncton you would expect the traffic to be roughly split evenly three ways amounting to roughly 350,000 passengers per airport.

However the Moncton airport has successful beyond what anyone could have expected, mostly as a result of some federal funding (irrelevant to the point), and yet it is sill not even close to enough passengers to offer a reasonable level of service for a business traveler.

I understand there are some seasonal holiday destinations, but in reality the only destinations served out of New Brunswick are Halifax, Montreal, Toronto and once a day to Newark.

If the province ever wants to get serious about moving forward economically, and offer the air transportation that significant businesses require the airports need to be combined.