View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 21, 2011, 9:59 PM
Khurram Parvaz

The building of ultratall buildings really doesn't impress me, and I really don't think people know how much of an impact this'll have in the future. It's like putting an entire city in one building, (it's where the phrase "city within a city" comes from). That means people will not live spread out, but instead in one concentrated area. This eliminates the need for parks (I hear those sky gardens are really nice), libraries, schools (why not just put schools in there, there's space), banks, shops, malls, mosques, churches, synagouges (you name it), airports (hey, they have heliports), arenas, stadiums, hospitals, rivers (drainage, you never know), mountains (in china), museums, planetariums, exploratoriums, even transportaions itself (if a city is in a building than what's the need for trains to go to other buildings in a CITY. I think they stop this mega or ultratall concept and build how much is required and necissary and leave it at the Burj Dubai and let it literally say that I'm the only legit building that's twice the height of the Empire State Building. Before anyone says I'm wrong or that I don't know anything. Hey, the nomads didn't know they could domesticate and stay in one area. The farmers didn't know they could spread out from the one area and make many areas. The people of the many areas didn't know they could make even more many more areas. The people of the many more areas didn't know there could one day be even more many areas combined called cities. The people of the cities only thought that buildings could be built only be one floor high. They DIDN'T know that buildings could one day reach 160 floors just like we don't know, if building could become cities themselves and eliminate the need for cities entirely. Get the point?

Phew that was long.