View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 19, 2019, 10:49 PM

Just to get everybody up to speed, the Whitecaps fired president of the team, Bob Lenarduzzi. He doesn't have anything to do with player management so I don't know what good this will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHikka View Post
Where is there even land available to build one that's accessible to fans? The cost of such a build is probably worth enough to keep the team at BC Place for the foreseeable future.
It seems the Port of Vancouver doesn't want anything built over their tracks, so a waterfront stadium isn't going to happen anytime soon. The first thing that I can think of is to rebuild Swangard Stadium to MLS standard. It's less than a 10 minute walk from Patterson Skytrain, and your still in the thick of the city. Nice views of the mountains, and nice views of DT Vancouver from the east stands. Or even in the large park space right beside Patterson Station. Burnaby would love to have the Whitecaps in their city, so I'm sure something could be worked out.

I'm hearing the Whitecaps are going to want to bring in someone from overseas. If that's the case, the first thing the guy is going to want to do is build a soccer specific stadium.