View Single Post
Old Posted May 8, 2009, 8:52 AM
them bones

Strangely enough, I much preferred the south building over the north during the 5 years I spent at ASU's CAED. The north building is a complete disaster in terms of aesthetics and particularly with regard to the public spaces. The building was designed by a firm out of Princeton of all places (I forget the name) and they did really lovely things like creating 'dead square', an outdoor two story volume in the center of the building that has never had any real function. They also were smart enough to provide a lounge for students with indoor and outdoor space. Except that it's on the SOUTH side of the building...and clad in a hideously reflective white tile. You can actually get snowblinded out there.

I don't know, maybe I just really didn't enjoy my time in Architraz enough (and I assure you...the name has everything to do with the design).

Funny story, we actually got severely scolded by the CAED dean for our homecoming float one year. We built a giant jail cell and hung a huge sign on the back that said 'Architraz'...and then rode in the parade. Needless to say, he was not pleased.