View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 12, 2009, 2:54 AM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking View Post
So...how come when there is a rumour about Quebec returning to the NHL, there is nothing but love and butterflies. The Winnipeg version of this thread is endless argument about not being big enough, not having enough corporate support, not having a good enough arena, lack of tv revenues, the NHL would never allow it, ticket prices are too high for us....it's an endless wave of negativity.

I fully support Quebec an hamilton's rightful place in the NHL, so this is by no means a slight on either. I am just wondering why the marked difference in tone between the Hamilton and Quebec threads about this and the Winnipeg one.

As an aside, in case some are not aware, Winnipeg's bid for a team got a huge rumour boost this past week. As it turns out the thomson family are silent owners of the Manitoba moose and the mts centre. They are apparently in talks to relocate the Atlanta franchise.

I don't see where your perception of negativity about Winnipeg (vs. Quebec) comes from. Except for Graupner here, but in his case you almost drew him into it...

From what I read here and hear on the streets, I think most people in Quebec are supportive of Winnipeg's return to the NHL, but more focused on Quebec City for obvious reasons.

I think if there has been any negativity about Winnipeg and the NHL here, it's been mostly from your fellow Westerners two provinces over.