View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 12, 2005, 8:12 PM
Rrrraaaahhhhh!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbautz
Infinity tower is a nice design. I personally think it is the most architecturally interesting of the group.
I don't like Infinity tower as much as some of the others, simply because it's too turning torso-like. Still good looking nonetheless but if this was built before turning torso, I would have most likely thought otherwise. The most interesting tower I think is Ocean heights because it gives the illusion that it twists when in fact it doesn't.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found this on www.worldarchitecturenews.com and in terms of getting built, is given the same status as london bridge tower and freedom tower, ie: "design"

This is definitely the craziest proposal for a tower I've ever seen. I'll give it a 2/10 chance of being built
Still a serious proposal though and not just some vision though, so that's enough for it to be here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldarchitecturenews
International firm Dos Architects have been selected to design this 93 floor tower which provide 632 flats. The architects have aimed to create an aesthetic appearance and functionality which are the product of a direct relationship with the surrounding natural environment. Solar panels will provide up to 25% of the total energy consumed within the tower. Its mass and thickness give inertia to the building, as well as thermal resistance to temperature fluctuations in Dubai. Other passive strategies have been adopted to minimise the use of air conditioning and other active devices with great advantages for the occupants’ health, as well as reduced running costs and overall impact of the tower on the environment. Its geometry makes the building almost self-shading to all the glazed elements, whilst still allowing openings to enjoy the external panoramic view. The building’s colour has been inspired by the sand of the dunes.

I really don't know what to think of this. I love black scrapers (my fav is TWT) but this is just so crazy. :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: