View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 14, 2018, 3:09 AM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawd View Post
Last rant for today on the subject (possibly)! Reinforcing my dislike for Robert's reporting... She is the one whom 'broke' the story that Sarver threatened the Phoenix City Council last night.

Roberts stated specifically in her article that Robert Sarver told an unnamed Council member that he would move the team to Seattle or Las Vegas. Come to find out AZCentral has revised her article an hour ago (quietly of course):

"UPDATE: The council member on Thursday clarified the above quote, saying that Sarver didn't mention Seattle or Las Vegas by name during their conversation but that he did make it clear the team wants to leave if the deal is not approved."

I hate to defend Sarver here... but it appears he never mentioned Seattle or Las Vegas. He also did not say the team would 'absolutely go' if they didn't get a renovated arena. Simply that the Suns would explore all options including leaving (which was already known information, obviously).

And to top it all off, AZCentral removed all of the Suns reporting from their homepage when this news broke a hour ago instead of reporting the mistake. Hit job. I wish I could say I was surprised!
Laurie Roberts has made it pretty clear right from the start she is not only anti-Suns, but anti-basketball in general. Terrible reporter and doesn't even report her sources. This is nothing more than hearsay at this point...not that I'm defending Sarver either. But Robert's definitely has an agenda against the Suns.