View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 27, 2020, 2:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuriandrade View Post

BG918, yes, it's possible and you should do it. Just keep in mind Frankfurt Airport is massive, so it takes a while to get around inside it. On the other hand, it's quite close to the city.

Take the S-Bahn to Hauptwache station, the next one after the Frankfurt Hbf (main station). You'll get there in 15 min from the airport. Frankfurt central square (Römer) is just 400m southwards. 2 hours is enough to get around and go the river. Behind the Cathedral (Kaiserdom), there is this typical brewery, and you can taste some of the local cuisine.
One note- buy a ticket! Do not take the S-Bahn from the airport to downtown without a ticket, or you will get a huge fine. This route is infamous for fines, because the German railways use the honor system, and the route is full of visitors who don't understand the rules, and I always see the undercover agents catching unsuspecting tourists.

In fact I was caught as a teenager, on another Frankfurt line, but I ran away. And they will chase you; the agents do not mess around.