View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 2, 2017, 3:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Underrated in terms of real estate developers investing in the city. Its proximity to NYC is bar to done, and the city is quite walk-able, has great culture, and is a big market that needs to be tapped on a larger scale. I think its bound to happen.

I think the biggest obstacle to this is political and crime. Political in the sense that city hall does not have the appetite for gentrification because it likes to keep the city as a social welfare state in order to continue to breed corrupt policies and retain a city government full of nepotism, and racism. The biggest being crime. Exception of a few neighborhoods, large swaths of the city are a little sketchy, and full of crime. The South and West District especially. Not necessarily the breeding ground for young couples and one in which to raise a family. Irvington is the same type of deal. Use to be very nice place in the 50's, but now its gone to shit.

I still feel that Newark can go the way of Brooklyn in time due. Lots of potential.

The city also needs to end the corruption. Anybody btw that doesn't see the point that I highlighted in bold is in a bubble. Newark needs a big fix to its local government before good, progressive policies can come to fruition.
thanks for your view point