View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 3, 2013, 6:13 PM
She needs her space

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtGreeneNY View Post
Just an FYI, Fulton Street has been a "retail" street for over a century; if the data is still true, it's actually the third-highest grossing retail street in NYC http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/16450...e-Brooklyn-NY/. What's actually happening is that the type of retail that's been there for years is being replaced by more national chains in at least the mid-range, with of course hopes to move up to higher-end retail to play off of the markets in the surrounding and gentrified or increasingly gentrified neighborhoods: Cobble Hill, Boerum Hill, Brooklyn Heights, Ft. Greene, Clinton Hill, and Downtown Brooklyn itself.
Thanks for the clarification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthehill View Post
man, those new high-rises in dt brooklyn/fort greene look terrible. atrocious. also, how did you miss the mercedes haus development in hells kitchen? that's definitely the best-looking project over there. otherwise, nice photos!
Hey...be nice! Was there to photograph our own projects...LoL (you're probably referring to the Brooklyner, which is atrocious, but there are a few good looking ones not really pictured and I'm not even referring to our own project over there, which is architecturally in the middle imo). I'll have to take a leisure trip out there soon...it's due. I think Mercedes House is interesting...but it's too large for that fairly historic low-rise area (874 units and ~30 floors that cascade down slowly over like 2 blocks?) and the market has indicated it agrees. I think our modernist 7 floor 95-unit project further in blends in much better. Our partner in the project just bought the top 30 floors of the Woolworth for a conversion to uber high-end condos and made the front page of the NYT (I guess in a less glorious way Invesco just bought the top 10 floors of Merc House phase III and de-converted the 162 units there down to rentals).