View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 22, 2016, 3:16 PM

Quote:
I'm thrilled about the Loew's tower approval and hope we can find out about the height and other details soon.
With an 892 feet tower basically across the street, hopefully it will be a very tall one!

Quote:
I'm a bit disappointed they attached conditions to the approval of 25 Columbus but am not yet worried about too much of a dampening effect on height.... at 50 stories or so and around 600 ft with sizable plaza and the 35,000 square foot school it will be very visible and I think maybe the affordable component or public amenities were pat of the concern. Hopefully it will be much sooner than the end of the year for things to clarify on this one but I'm expecting it will retain its dynamic, soaring presence in the skyline that was originally hoped for.
The good news I learned recently is that the tower was approved for 750 units. Even if a misguided height restriction was placed, we'll get a bulky tower, but we'll still get the 750 units, which at the end of the day is the more important issue, IMO.

Quote:
Disappointed about them moving consideration of the 20 story tower at 2973 Kennedy Boulevard until next week's planning board meeting but hopeful about it as well. It isn't only about all the high rises... a mid rise balance for is an important consideration too in the future of redevelopment for the area as you attest, CIA.
Let's have an army of YIMBYs at the next planning board meeting. Let's speak up in support so we can see more midrise developments in and around Journal Square. We can have an awesome happy hour afterwards if we are victorious. Who is with me?

Quote:
Loved the link and renderings... really shows how in only a short time Journal Square will be transformed and vital. Wondering other than the Loew's tower(the only tower not shown in that rendering) is there room for a couple of more highrises in that ring right around the heart of the Square? Counting the HAP building on Summit Avenue as well(which as mentioned will be put off for a few years) there are now 8 towers of potentially at last 42 stories and around 500 ft that are currently acknowledged as planned or actually under construction(so far only the 54 story, 563 ft. shortest of the three Journal Squared" towers actually realized). Excited though that it does appear very possible that the floor numbers, density and heights of the two other Journal Squared towers may be increased with the positive buzz on the One Journal Square project and good sales for the built out tower.
I wish this version of the HAP building wasn't being considered.

Imagine that at 100 storeys! hahaha!

As for other sites to be developed. There's still Kennedy Fried Chicken (KFC) on the southeast corner of the square.

LOL

Quote:

Exciting times for sure in Jersey City!
Cheers!