View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 2, 2013, 8:42 PM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2oh1 View Post
Statements like that are just plain dumb and show a lack of common sense in terms of people. People don't live in helicopters, floating through the air, looking down at the landscape and the angles of buildings. That's. Just. Dumb. This building will be seen 99.99999% of the time by people on the ground or in other buildings. No one will notice whether or not it lines up with the river. HOWEVER - I really like the angle. This is the second version of the tower we've seen so far if memory serves correct, and both have been angled (if memory serves correctly, the first had rounded corners sort-of similar to Portland Plaza), so it's pretty obvious they intend to build an angled tower. I like it.

I really like the Unified version of the tower.
It is just Architect Speak, basically it is a way for an architect to sound like they didn't just do something random and that there was a reason for what they did regardless if it is true or not.

Obviously no one is going to notice the position of the building compared to the river, but that is the BS reasoning the architect has given.