View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 4, 2017, 3:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny24 View Post
Somewhat related:

I was on foot in Gore Park downtown Hamilton, which is somewhat rare since I don't tend to walk that far east from my place. But I think it would a great spot for some European style cafe-patio seating. Especially along the slice of King that's closed off to traffic. Unfortunately I don't think the right type of cafe/restaurant is there along that stretch. Bu I loved the feel of those when I was in Barcelona. In one square by a church all three restaurants on the square had all their tables grouped together and that helped create a critical mass of people that made it an attractive place to stop for a meal.
I just looked up the park and it's nice. Despite living in Burlington and Oakville for the last four years, I haven't spent much time in DT Hamilton. Plenty of time in Ancaster, Flamboro, Dundas, Binbrook and Bayfront fishing and checking out waterfalls, but not much time DT other than going to the odd concert over the years and a couple times to party in Hess Village in my younger days. Though I've been meaning to catch a game at Hortons Field. I went to Ivor Wynne twice.

I was surprised by that park being there. I'm going to have to spend some more time exploring Hamilton.