View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 12, 2021, 1:54 AM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
tragic. I had to sit my kids down one night, and tell them about that very serious issue and the horrors that it entailed. My daughter started sobbing when he heard that the flight attendant had the temerity to answer Michel Thibodeau's request for a 7-up in English. My son felt that the $12K compensation received by Mr Thibodeau was grossly inadequate: "He should have got 100 times more, at least!".

Around my house, it is always Sept-haut
The 7 Up example is an absurd one, but if the mantra from now on is going to be that what anyone recollects as their experiences and how they felt about them is 100% valid (and often binding on society), with anyone outside the in-group told to STFU, this will undoubtedly lead to some unintended and perhaps undesirable ramifications going forward.

As I've said before, I don't see why under this mantra that anglophones should have *any* say in the situation of French, and what should or should not be done to protect it.

And yet every day on Twitter there are 10,000 messages from non-francophone Canadians giving their opinion (and you know what it tends to be) about *my* language. That they generally don't even speak a word of.