View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 6, 2013, 5:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKVGuy View Post
I know! I'm hoping it's just an unfortunate time -- both Branch 27 and WTT are way too nice of spaces to site empty. Mexique will probably get a big boost once the next season of Top Chef starts -- the chef is one of the contestants.

As for the Fifield development, I know they did soil testing earlier in the summer but it's just been sitting there since then. I keep watching the building permit databases but nothing has shown up yet.
I'm not too sure either. The other two condo developments on Chicago Ave are making good progress so that is a plus. Minus a few blocks around Ashland, I actually enjoy walking down Chicago ave. The neighbor still needs a "game-changer" like a bowling alley, trader joes, movie theater, etc. Something that gets people north of Chicago ave (and other areas in the city) to come to Chicago ave instead of Division/Wicker.

I'm still sad about WTT. But hopefully this is just a "out with the old, in with the new" type change. I think Noble Square strip of Chicago still needs to figure out their identity. Agree about Mexique.. the place is way too good to be empty