View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 26, 2019, 11:51 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JManc View Post
Phoenix is in the United States therefor the roads suck. Might not be as bad as New York City or New Orleans but they're still shit. I've been to pretty much every major city here in the United Potholes of America and our road infrastructure across the board pales in comparison to most other industrialized countries.
I hope you're being sarcastic. Phoenix is one of the last cities I would pick on in terms of worst road infrastructure. The arterial grid found there and many other cities in the US is highly efficient at moving high volumes of traffic across large distances.

The grid like most cities west of Ohio [and Florida], is set to the PLSS - township and range system, it's far superior to the British system of metes and bounds that the 13 original colonies implemented.

Part of the problem as to why smaller East Coast metros like Boston, Washington, Atlanta have such terrible traffic congestion is due to the old system of establishing roadways based off of topography, physical geographical features and irregular shaped privately held properties.

Last edited by Sun Belt; Oct 26, 2019 at 12:03 PM.