View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 5, 2019, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj3000 View Post
I'm interested in hearing this too.

FYI, development in the Philadelphia area was just as much focused on the countryside as it was in Center City. SE PA/Philly was a very early agricultural and industrial center, with many surrounding towns developing right along with Philadelphia as early settlement spread west, north, and south along early travel routes and river valleys. Given the nature of topography and use, this was generally low density development.

In NYC... this was not the case at all. A commercial/trade center built on islands, with intense development focused for a very long time on or near the coastline.

But I'll let you reformulate these facts to fit this obtuse narrative. Have at it.
How is New York harbor, Long Island sound, the Hudson, East "river" any different than a the banks of a river (The Hudson literally is a river) Philly isnt on an Island but it developed along navigable waterways just as NYC did. There were settlements up the Hudson Valley, along Long island and into new Jersey just as early as the original NY settlement in Manhattan.

So Yes I find your argument obtuse.