View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 15, 2014, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halifaxboyns View Post
With the rebranding of HRM to whatever it ends up being; I wonder if there will be some re-thought to the way HRM offices are setup? Right now there is a development office at Alderney and one at Bayer's Road; but the policy planners are in a separate office at Alderney just above the ferry terminal and not the Alderney Landing office building.

If there is some re-thought to maybe combining some of these functions again and centralizing say the planning and permit approvals folks, but keeping the building inspection offices spread out (some in Alderney, some at Bayer's Road and some in a central office downtown) it may spark the need for space in this building. I talked to some folks I know in HRM's accounts section and I few I know in some other parts (not planning) and they are crammed in like sardines apparently in Duke Tower.
Definitely. See my post above. You want to centralize those planning offices, to increase coordination, sharing, collaboration, and innovation. You want planners talking to the economic development staff talking to talk policy talking to land development staff.