View Single Post
Old Posted May 20, 2019, 2:26 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond Agent 007 View Post
I've been reading stuff lately on how night lighting messes with our circadian rhythms and all kinds of other things, and it's made me wonder if they should do away with all street lighting (except, maybe some major roads and freeways) after, say, 10 or 11 at night. People will sleep better. All that night lighting messes with nature a lot, too. They've attributed declines in firefly populations to night lighting, for example.
not sure how i feel about this. i've lived in st. louis city neighborhoods that were lit up very brightly, including alley lights which CAN be super annoying in your bedroom, and i've lived in st. louis county urban neighborhoods (with proper alleys, etc) which have a completely different lighting regime... kind of creepy at night since the streetlight density is about 1/2 of the city. however, there's less problems with light coming into bedrooms. my biggest complaint about less street-lighting is going for a walk at night, walking the dog, walking from the bar, not seeing pedestrians at night...

i think the solve here is to restrict upward light pollution and use LEDs in the proper light spectrum, which isn't happening.