View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 2, 2011, 6:02 PM

Such great posts! The Jeffries Barn, the close up of the floor tiles of the demolished State Building, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome Stranger View Post
Knott's Berry Farm has always been a somewhat oddball amusement park. As kids we used to refer to it as Not Very Fun.
Interesting point of view. I grew up about a 15-minute drive from Knott's (and about 20 minutes from Disneyland). By the time I reached my teens in the 1980s, kids my age thought Disneyland was for babies and the "real" rides were at Knott's (I loved Magic Mountain myself, and still do). But back in the 80s, there was a dance club at Knott's that teens were allowed to go to called Studio K, which also increased Knott's' "hip" factor among kids my age group, and then of course there was Knott's Scary Farm during the Halloween season, which still goes on. Ahh, memories-- I first got felt up/felt someone up at Knott's Scary Farm when I was 15... When I was 16 or 17, my friend and I ended up in line with JM J. Bullock from "Too Close for Comfort" at some ride at Knott's Scary Farm. I thought it was so random!

~ Charles Bukowski