View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 28, 2015, 4:28 PM
armchairitect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
This is an interesting shot in regard to the street network which was still temporarily in use for parking, etc., along with moving around. I notice that there does not appear to have ever been a direct connection on Cogswell to Barrington and Hollis. It seems to end at Brunswick. I never knew that (assuming that is correct).

Also, I wonder if the original intent was to retain the existing structures on the West side of Barrington at the corner of Duke (across from City Hall)? It may or may not have, I don't know, but this shows them still there.
the Hopkins atlas of 1878 shows cogswell ending at brunswick. - See the plat at NSARM below.
http://novascotia.ca/archives/virtua...plate.asp?ID=4

the original scope for Scotia Square was for the cleared lands as shown. the various proposals made arguments for expanding the site, and included cogswell extensions since the existing east west streets would be obliterated.

the requirement for Cogswell to come down to barrington was a requirement in the contract for Scotia Square, hence why that section of harbour drive was built.