View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 13, 2020, 8:08 PM
Show me the blueprints

On a side note, I wish a ridiculously wealthy industrialist or investor like a Warren Buffet would in their twilight dedicate themselves to reconstituting a competitive American railcar building company. Think Pullman for the 21st century making rapid transit cars, light rail vehicles, EMUs, DMUs etc etc. It's just absolutely shameful, but not at all surprising due to federal priorities, that we've gone from having such a robust domestic rolling stock industry to basically having nothing where we, even though most have set up assembly plants, rely entirely on foreign companies for our needs (FR, DE, ES, IT, JP, KO and now China...motherf***ing China with open questions about whether they're spying on us through the vehicles...you can't make this stuff up). Pullman Standard, ACF, St. Louis, Budd, Westinghouse, Brill, MK, and on... I'm sure I've left out several. If one dwells on alternative history you can imagine where several of these would be robust companies producing vehicles for the world market. Sigh.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding