View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 26, 2009, 2:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfx_chris View Post
Okay, then you tell me where there's any land around that isn't owned by somebody. Point is, no matter where a stadium goes, somebody already owns the land, whether it's privately owned or owned by the government.
Woah sorry I didn't mean to touch a nerve there I was just stating what are currently the plans for the area.

I'd personally have it in town but somewheres that won't block future developments so the Young lands would work since the likelyhood of that ever being truely urban looking is low and its at the edge of the peninsula but still walkable.

Another good area might be on the Mainland Commons as close as possible to the Canada Games Centre and Lacewood interchange.

Heck a bomb spot would be the Ashburn Golf Club. It's right next to a Bi-Hi interchange (out-of-towners), Armdale Roundabout (Spryfield), Windsor Street Exchange (Bedford & Dartmouth), the future trail to BL. What I would do is extend Mumford Rd to Northwest Arm Drive, and a new overpass for Hillcrest St to the new road and then Winter St.