View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 28, 2014, 3:42 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalziand View Post
I hope the 24000 sqft of commercial space is being set aside for another grocery store.

On the previous page, there's talk of a supermarket...

Quote:
It’s widely expected that a very large residential complex, including a ground floor supermarket, will be going up here

Quote:
“I would urge Extell,” Papa said, “to bear in mind the need to communicate with the community and with Two Bridges,” which owns the neighboring residential building along with the Settlement Housing Fund. He also called on Extell to share its plans for a new supermarket as part of its project. While the company has committed to including a grocery in the building, it has not indicated whether it will be an affordable market geared for the low and middle income residents in the neighborhood or a high-end grocery such as Whole Foods.

Quote:
“It’s an incredible height, which is astounding me,” Papa said. While he has held out hope in the past that Pathmark (a division of A&P) would one day decide to come back to the neighborhood, Papa added, “the market (in the Extell building) will probably not be affordable to the local community.”

...While Papa said he strongly suspects that Extell is thinking in terms of an upscale market, Two Bridges is still looking at other options. As we have reported previously, the organization and Settlement Housing Fund are planning to build an affordable housing project adjacent to the Extell tower. Papa said the partners are exploring whether an affordable supermarket could be incorporated into the proposed development.

jplangpictures

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.