View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 7, 2005, 5:49 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

I wouldn't be too worried about the timeline. Getting this project under construction is the first big hurdle, and completing it in the next year is not necessary to continue the growth of South Park. The first phase of LA Live should be completed 4-5 months after completion of Luma and the Ralph's project, both of which should provide enough retail for locals for the time being (including the sorely needed supermarket).

The only thing that suffers in the short term is the Convention Center, which can't use the hotel to book more events. But they should be able to book events further in the future when construction of the hotel actually starts.

On a side note, I would expect construction on this whole project to be somewhat slow. From what I understand, there is a large underground parking component, which can take a long time. But on the bright side of things, we have groundbreaking in 8 days!!
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon