View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 24, 2021, 10:03 PM

Nice looking; nice area; what's not to like?

1230 S PEARL

Images courtesy of Narrate

5-story apartment building about to rise at the edge of Denver’s Platt Park neighborhood
May 3, 2021 By Cuyler Meade - BusinessDen/DP
Quote:
A new local development firm’s first project is about to break ground at the edge of Platt Park. Narrate, led by Adam Fenton, expects to begin work May 17 on a five-story, 73-unit apartment building
at 1230 S. Pearl St. and be finished in 15 months.

Fenton purchased the 0.43-acre site for $3.9 million in November 2019. It was previously home to an auto repair shop called Buchtel Motors and a pair of single-family homes. Those structures were
recently demolished.
Who is Adam Fenton?
Quote:
Fenton worked locally for Washington-based multifamily developer Holland Residential from 2011 to 2015, and for Denver-based developer BMC Investments from 2015 until he founded Narrate.

Fenton said Narrate will focus on smaller projects.
Nice Resume! Tell me more.
Quote:
“I think we’ve designed a project here that the neighborhood will be very proud of,” Fenton said Wednesday. “I think it’s something that lines up with modernness but also a very historic feel. It’s an 80
percent brick building, 10 percent windows and 10 percent metal panels. We spent a lot of time with Oz, the architect, on the project to design what we feel is a building that will stand the test of time.”

The ground floor will have two retail units. One, which Fenton anticipates will be leased to a restaurant, is about 3,400 square feet, he said. The other is roughly 1,600 square feet.
No tenants have been lined up yet.
Shaw Construction is the Contractor.