View Single Post
Old Posted May 29, 2011, 9:30 PM

I fully agree. Publishing hearsay and rumors, even in a forum such as this, just serves to spread misinformation.

Just stick to the projects that have online documentation, such as recent news articles or recently updated official websites, and cite the source. NJ Transit has a bunch of legitimate projects that are well documented online, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Will View Post
Because if an employee was at liberty to tell it to you, and it was legit, there would be something about it online. If it was confidential, they wouldn't have told it to you in the first place. This is 2011. There is no reason any of this wouldn't be online. If an employee just told it to you without any official announcements, than it is just speculation and/or wishes.

I go back to my PATH to Newark Airport example. A google search reveals multiple articles from 2004. There's been absolutely no announcement since then, yet you say that it WILL be finished by 2020. They can't do these things in secret. They need to do studies, make public statements, have public political bickering, and in your country they sometimes even put these things to a public vote. There is no confirmation of PATH to the aiport by 2020, and the same goes for dozens of other items on your wishlists. It doesn't matter what "an employee told you".