View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 25, 2007, 1:50 AM
CHACUN SON GOÛT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTinSF View Post
These business magazine lists always do their rankings based on freedom from regulation and taxes--so-called "business friendliness"--not business success or business worthiness. I'll admit that Sacramento (just for example) is a whole lot more business-friendly than the Bay Area and I wish it were otherwise, but the fact remains that the number of highly successful businesses started in the Bay Area greatly exceeds the number in Sacramento (even per capita, I bet). Not being a business person, I can't say exactly what is the attraction, but people remain willing to put up with the ridiculous hassles of a business-unfriendly environment, whether in San Jose, San Francisco or New York City, for a reason--and it works.
I dont think people are willing to put up with a business-unfriendly environment. SF is not growing very much, and as not for a long time. The bay area pals in comparison to population percentage growth to many other metros including Sacramento. If you really want to compare SF with more business friendly environments, Sacramento was not a good choice; afterall, Sacramento happens to be in California, and California is not exactly the most business friendly state. Better comparions would be Dallas, PHX, and Atlanta. Your issues with Sacramento are based on ignorance. To your surprise, many outsiders LOVE Sacramento.