View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 4, 2012, 7:40 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveNewWorld View Post
Durst said he gave the architects a chance, but they never made another spire design.

Durst has also said that this is a done deal. It will be hilarious if the CTBUH count the antennae, everyone in the 1 WTC thread will be rejoicing, even though everyone else will realize that it clearly is not a 541m building. Calling it taller then the Sears tower and Shanghai WFC is ridiculous. Some people over at SSC are working on an alternative to the CTBUH measurement also.
I think they didn't come up with an alternate design because they assumed that the radome would be kept. Childs said himself, or was at least quoted saying so last month that he would stand ready to work with the PA on a new one in midst of major disspointment. I agree though that it was beyond stupid of them not to come up with an alternative design though when they had the chance, if they are working on one right now, then they will have enough time.

I also agree that it is silly to call it taller than Sears or the SWFC. I don't really care what the CTBUH says either, it is and always has been a ~1400 foot tower with a 400 foot pole, although the previous spire worked so well with the design.

And it's not like buildings haven't cheated in height before either.