View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 12, 2010, 9:30 AM

I'm not against attractive well sited tall buildings.
I'm against cheaply designed, ill constructed buildings of all sizes. As for the policies of HRM, vs GTA, apples to oranges. May I suggest you read this article:
http://www.alibris.com/search/books/...0Restructuring
It compares the disentanglement of Toronto and Halifax and how Toronto was give more autonomy and Halifax's roles and responsibilities were lessened.

I don't see this as a vendetta against me I see this as your personal opinion. over 85% of the citizens that participated in HRM By Design agreed with the recomendations, hence in a democractic society, majority rules. I'm not completely satisfied with HBD, but it is a working document that will be amended over time to reflect the vision of the residents. Kevin, I attended all of the meetings and the public hearings and heard the comments from the residents, and businesses so I know what was said and by whom.

The staduim is not a bad word. 30 million dollar defecit is. That is what we are trying to tackle right now. This could affect services, staffing and maintainence issues of our aging infrastructure.

As for the staduim, from my understanding David Hendsbee was suppose to action your request regarding the trust fund. I will check with him tomorrow.

As the Mayor stated, someone is working on a private staduim plan and I have not been updated on the status but will check with him as well.

Kevin, municipal government does not move quickly as I found out soon after being elected. You can't really expect everyone to drop everything to work on a project like the staduim when there are other issues such as the 30 million dollar proposed defecit looming 3 weeks before budget talks.

Hazel is a nice lady but she also has a Missasauga, a far cry from Halifax and btw I wouldn't want to be Mayor of HRM. The governance of this place needs to be reformed and until this occurs, we will always be dealing urban sprawl which does not pay its fair share in taxes.

Dawn