View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 8, 2008, 9:00 PM

Just again trying to keep everything organized under this designated thread:

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...postcount=7170

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT_LIVING
JSED Neighborhood Meeting Tonight

I apologize for this being a last minute notice but somehow I missed the original email from our association. I plan on going upstairs to check things out. If anyone else is interested come on down. The meeting is here at the Summit in the meeting room on the 23rd floor from 6 - 8 pm. Here is an excerpt from that email:

"NEIGHBORHOOD MEETING NOTICE

August 25, 2008

Dear Property Owner, Resident, or Neighborhood Association President:

The purpose of this letter is to inform you that Lazarus and Associates, on behalf of Jackson Street Entertainment District LLC, has recently filed rezoning request Z-07-78-08 and Minor General Plan Amendment GPA-CC-1-08-8, for a 12 acre irregular shaped site located at the southwest corner of 4th Street and Jackson Street (see attached aerial map).

The request would change the zoning from Warehouse Overlay, Downtown Core, A-1 with two (2) Historic Preservation properties to Planned Unit Development (PUD) with two (2) Historic Preservation properties. The requested Minor General Plan Amendment would change the designation from Industrial to Mixed-Use.

We would like to invite you to a neighborhood meeting to discuss these cases and the proposed development. The meeting will be held on Monday, September 8th, 2008 at 6pm at The Summit, 310 South 4th Street, Club 252 on the 23rd floor.

Attached is a copy of the cover page of our application along with conceptual site plans and elevations. A copy of our entire PUD Development Narrative, containing the complete details of this request, is on file with the City of Phoenix Planning Department and available on-line at http://phoenix.gov/PLANNING/pudcases.html. The following describes our requests:

Proposed change: The overall goal of these requested changes is to allow for the development of vibrant, mixed-use, live/work/play district complete with boutique hotels, a variety of residential options, and an assortment of entertainment options including restaurants, lounges, cafes, an arthouse cinema, and a live music venue. The PUD application calls for a minimum of 235 residential units, although full build-out will likely, (and hopefully), result in a much more robust number of 500-700 units. Taller buildings are used intermittently across the 12 acre site, with specific height limits on specific properties as shown in exhibits. No defined density or lot coverage standards currently exist on the properties nor does the application propose limits.

Existing Use: The majority of the uses on the site today consist of surface parking lots, dilapidated and/or vacant structures, or significantly underutilized sites. There is one functioning retail use (Jackson’s on 3rd) and one much needed residential use (The Summit). A couple of functioning storage and wholesaling operations also exist. The two (2) existing historic properties in the application will be renovated and adapted with new uses, while plans call for a third property, which is not designated historic, to also be renovated, dedicated, and adapted with new uses.

Please be advised that meetings and hearings before the Central City Village Planning Committee and the Planning Commission are planned to review this case as well. Specific meeting and hearing dates have not yet been set. You should receive a subsequent mailing identifying the date and location of the meetings/hearings when they have been scheduled.

Please contact me or George Pasquel III at my office to learn more about the case and express your concerns. The City of Phoenix Village Planner assigned to this case is Susan R. Sargent. This planner can answer your questions regarding the City review and hearing processes as well as the staff position once their report is complete. You may contact Susan at 602.262.4065 or Susan.Sargent@Phoenix.gov. You may also make your feelings known by writing to the City of Phoenix Planning Department, 200 West Washington Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85003 and referencing the case number. Your letter will be made part of the case file.

Again, I would be happy to answer any questions or hear any concerns that you may have regarding this proposal.

Very truly yours,

Larry S. Lazarus
LAZARUS & ASSOCIATES, P.C.

Attachments:Aerial Map
Application Cover Page
Elevations
Site Plan