View Single Post
Old Posted May 28, 2015, 10:20 PM

Update!

Lakeport 4.0 has its first building, although i'm not sure i want this much detail in the city anymore, because this one building is making sketchup run slowly, anyway here it is:

The Hannson Building is one of the oldest buildings in the city, built in 1909, it rises 9 floors to 136ft. Once this building was the crown jewel of the city until 1927, when the Goldspire tower was constructed, of which i will show later.

I may change the 3d facade to a 2d texture, but i like my city with alot of detail, which is why i will make 2 versions of each building, a full 3D version, and a much simpler 2d textured version, using a parallel-projection > 2d image > import as texture method. I have never used that method to make textures before, but i wonder if that is how Vellu makes his textures.

So, should i use Photorealistic, 3d or Photoreal 3d? Lakeport is still new enough to change to photorealistic textures, and my PC is an old 2007 desktop, with 8GB RAM, and an Intel Core 2 quad Q6600 2.4ghz. I want to use my dads laptop now. -_-

Last edited by Codster121; May 29, 2015 at 2:25 PM.