View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 22, 2009, 5:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenwick16 View Post
My concern with the Dartmouth Crossings and Halifax Mainland Commons sites is the transit time for someone living in Cole Harbour to get to the Halifax Mainland Commons or vice versa for someone living in Spryfield to get to Dartmouth Crossings by bus. Halifax already has good transit to the downtown area so this is the best location. There appears to be a vacant lot at the northeast corner of Windsor and Young Street. It isn't quite large enough for a stadium though, so they would need to demolish a couple maintenance sheds on the DND Willow Park land. Maybe they could do a land swap in another part of the HRM in exchange for this land.

This area has good connections to highways also. There is what appears to be a supermarket next to the vacant lot so it might not even be owned by the DND. Maybe it is already city land since part of Young Street cuts across it(?). All of my observations come from Mapquest which might be out of date. For all I know there might already be construction on this site. Does anyone know?
That lot is owned by the DND. Right now its still vacant and there a tiny little 'No Trespassing' sign on the corner of it.