View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 24, 2020, 6:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truenorth00 View Post
It all depends which direction you come from. If you're coming from Toronto, and are bound for Kanata, it makes no sense to go Tremblay, even if the distance is the same. The 15 mins spent on the train would get you to your destination in Kanata.
That is exactly what I said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger1818 View Post
The bigger factor is which station is closer to your destination. If you are travelling west (towards Toronto), Fallowfield makes more sense, but if you are travelling east (towards Montreal), Tremblay usually makes more sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac888yow View Post
Anyone who routinely commutes by car to/from points near Ottawa central station to/from points in the south/west suburbs knows this is a painful commute during rush hour. Fallowfield station is quite useful.
I also said that:
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger1818 View Post
(though bad traffic can tilt the scales towards Fallowfield slightly)
When taking the train to Montreal, most of the time I found it faster to go to Tremblay, though I do remember once being in a cab on the Queensway in a snow storm, trying to catch the train, and making a split decision at the 416 exchange to go to Fallowfield (I kept Google mapping both options). I was certainly glad that was an option as I am not sure I would have made it to Tremblay on time.

The other factor is not all trains from Montreal continue to Fallowfield, so if you are driving yourself, you are are limiting your options for your return trip if you park at Fallowfield.