View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 1, 2014, 4:39 PM
opinionated so and so

While the numbers for the four pad at Willow Park are correct and cannot be argued, they are incomplete in that they sidestep the fact that the Forum (as has been noted) is a sports and entertainment site in a way that the BMO is not. Also the proposed 1200 seats does not meet the need of SMU and Dal for tournament play-offs, which they have said is 1700.

I've had entertainment and sports people say that the Forum is required especially during the upcoming period of renovation and even more during the eventual replacement at the Metro Centre. There has been a long held plan to move the old score board and seats out of the HMC into the Forum to make it more competitive. The MPR (old bingo) is a music and trade show venue.

Elsewhere in the report is says 3 pads can work when talking about Dartmouth. I am inclined to say "3 pad at Forum in 3 phases over 5 years, start on Dartmouth 3-4 pad next year" though C. Walker is going to fight to save Centennial.

If the CF wants to partner at the Forum we can talk about partnering with the universities, if not then we can just do the 3 pad, I guess.

I may change my mind before we vote on this but these are my first thoughts. Keep your suggestions coming.