View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 4, 2009, 3:49 AM
iron ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpaul View Post
Regina encirclement area (if thats what its called)
Usually referred to as catchment area. If the higher competition at YXE gives lower fares, it might generate a small shift. But at this point I don't think there's enough difference in schedules or fares to enlarge YXE's catchment more than marginally at YQR's expense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
It depends on the day, but yields have been pretty good through the winter. For example, the flights to Denver for the long weekend are pretty much full.
Loads and yield are very different things. Load refers to the number of people on the plane. Yield refers to how much money they are paying (usually in cents per seat-mile). While the good loads are a good thing, it's the day-in-day-out filling seats that counts, not just long weekends. And it has to be at reasonable yields, not just cut-rate fares.

Without customs preclearance facilities, I highly doubt either Saskatoon or Regina would get flights to Chicago. Operationally I just can't see United Express operating a lone flights from T5 to clear customs when every other flight runs from T2. The slot constraints at O'Hare wouldn't help, either. DEN and SLC are much better bets.