View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 19, 2019, 9:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintreesnail View Post
stopped in this afternoon to do a quick walk-through just to get a sense of the place. I was impressed; granted the bar was so low that anything positive was probably amplified, but I think it will do well. It was packed, the art looked cool, felt open and pleasant, some interesting retail in addition to the usual mix. There were little quirks in the layout here and there (the weird ramps and stairs with low ceilings on the third floor felt off to me), but overall it was really nice. Cool vistas down the length of the mall and nice and bright on the third floor. Ground floor was really nice and bright too, probably due to how open it is. Didn't spend too much time on the second floor other than the main entrance. City winery appeared to be giving out free wine. Also noticed a yards near the theater end. Food court was swamped so I didn't really check it out too much. The connection to reading terminal seems improved. Can't get over how horrible the exterior is, but it's what's on the inside that counts...right???
its a mall. I mean the bar for exterior design was low- still dont know what people were expecting. Its a box with stores inside. Not aware of many malls that are considered architectural gems. The point of this is to add more food/retail options, more foot traffic and bring in more tax revenue.