View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 20, 2008, 8:17 AM

I used to live around there when I was a little kid for a couple of years (69-71), Cope Street at the end of Hope Ave. I went to Holy Family School.
I remember when Cannon Street east of Kenilworth was built. There was just a dirt field known as "the pipeline". It started at Main and Ottawa and cut northeast through all those streets. Aside from the Cannon extension the rest is all fixed up into a trail and parkettes.
I remember the older woman next door used to get drunk at the Homeside. Years later it became the Hotline Tavern, a strip club. (the city actually had as many as nine at one time). I guess it's Boomers now, or one of those bars?

Somebody mentioned they loved those hydro poles. There were even bigger ones on the other side of the street. The poles almost dominated the streetscape.

Does anyone remember the cops and the fire department being in the same building at Roxborough? It was sort of a Deco style building. Almost twenty years ago the cops moved to the East End/Stoney Creek Station. The firefighters of course are still there in a new building.