Thread: The Dad Thread
View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 3, 2022, 4:40 PM
The Vomit Bag.

teenagers are....difficult. there was a golden period when the kids were say, 10-12. Old enough to take care of themselves in many respects. Young enough to want to spend time with their folks (or not be "Embarrassed" by them). Nowhere near as exhausting as say, when they were aged 0-4. But you become a taxi driver, and you become broke (they always need new clothes, they have expensive tastes, they eat all the time....they suck my wallet dry!). I still love them to death, of course.

My 16+ year old son barely gives me the time of day, and he is seemingly always pissed off at me. We used to be great friends....I think it is just the age. I recall not wanting to spend any time with my parents at that age (my own folks were split up by the time I was 14, so it was not a happy home). My daughter is now showing the same teenage attitude, and hates being told to do anything.