View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 14, 2017, 10:55 PM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
You're close. In the late 1990s through 2000, during the dot-com boom, we had a number of significant buildings at least start construction such as the 4 Seasons, 101 Second St., the W Hotel, the apartment tower whose name escapes me across Mission from the St. Regis, the JP Morgan Chase Building aka 560 Mission St and a tower whose address I don't know on Sacramento accross from the Embarcadero Center.
The Paramount is across from the St. Regis. Not sure about the other tower you're referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech12 View Post
I don't really feel like 2008-2012 was a time of stagnation. Things slowed down due to the recession, but there were still towers being built, plus dozens more in the proposal/approval stage (compare it to the early/mid 90s, and it was an all-out construction boom).
IIRC, nothing was being built in this time period. One Rincon South, Infinity, and Millennium had just finished up. Towers may have been proposed, but delays in construction with One Rincon North and 201 Folsom are examples of the stagnation.