View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 24, 2010, 5:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halifaxboyns View Post
The other thing I'd suggest is redeveloping those parking lots. Those are subject to a viewplane and judging by adjacent building heights, you'd probably get 2 levels of commercial and 4 to 5 (maybe 6) of residential above. For the smaller parking lot (closer to the NSLC) I'd say that might be a good location for perhaps a boutique hotel, with 2 towers of 5 to 6 stories and restaurants below. Then the bigger parking lot could be residential with some ground floor commercial.
The parking lots are supposed to be included in the RFP that HRM has been saying they are going to issue for the part of the Infirmary lands that aren't getting used for the central library. When we will see that, who knows. They have been talking about it forever.

Quote:
I'd also like to see the Bay move into downtown. So many of the Bay's locations are typically downtown; but not in Halifax (Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton they are in key downtown locations). I'd love to see them move into maybe City Centre Atlantic by taking those two older building next to CC and merging it into the existing mall with 2 or 3 floors. It would put them right across from Mill Brothers; which did a great job on their storefont. If not, they could potentially move into Park Lane or that other mall with the Scotia Bank in it (and Roots) - I can't think of the name.
The Bay in Halifax is doing virtually no business now, and I think such a move would kill them totally.