View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 6, 2009, 3:45 PM

I was a season ticket holder for Rough Riders and Renegades. I never had a problem getting to Lansdowne Park and I always looked forward to the walk before and after the game to where my car was parked. The best experience of all was for the last Grey Cup and the transit setup was excellent. It was fast and efficient.

On the other hand, going to Scotiabank Place is always a pain. I takes so long to get there and back, the traffic is almost always lousy, and for the privilege of getting trapped in one of those parking lots, you have to pay a large fee. I have tried all sorts of alternatives, whether OC Transpo or restaurant shuttles and the experience is no better.

So much for the "small bore local road network" that always worked better for me when compared to the disaster of trying to use the Queensway to Scotiabank Place.

The atmosphere around Lansdowne Park is also far better and it provides a great walking environment. Imagine a Grey Cup victory by the local team at Lansdowne Park versus a Stanley Cup victory at Scotiabank Place. That says it all.

Remember the Red Mile from 2007 and having to locate it half way across the city from where the games were actually taking place. It would have been nice to have those actually attending the games being able to participate in the Red Mile events following a team victory.