View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 12, 2024, 6:00 PM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHonestMaple View Post
Would be much nicer if it was glass, allow in some natural light. A smarter design that doesn't allow areas for pigeons to nest would also be smart. The bus station is dark, dirty and smelly. There's a lot they could do to improve it. Some form of security would also be a good idea, like gates you can't pass unless you have a presto or something. If you've ever caught the early 41 Bus out of there to pearson airport, like 4AM. You'll know that place becomes full of dangerous junkies at that time...

I wish I could find the submitted proposals. Not really sure where to look though. Maybe someone knows more.
I think it would be hard to close it off without disrupting bus access to their platforms.

The stairs to the train platform can be an "interesting" experience early in the morning. For a while I was walking to this station from where I used to live, to catch one of the trains to Toronto. While there was nobody in the stairwell, it was clear someone had spent time there through the night.

The interior of the station is looking tired and needs some work. I don't think much (or anything) has been done since the mid-1990s.

I really hope GO Transit keeps at least those peak period trains downtown. It's really too bad the station isn't on or proximate to the CN main line, because I think it would be the better candidate for two-way all-day service. But it's nice to have two stations, and with all the growth planned for the north-side of downtown and waterfront, the West Harbour station should be very successful in serving riders.