View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 19, 2014, 1:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaylordWilshire View Post

But since you persist... I have to tell you, FredH's top photo is emphatically not a Roadmaster. It is a Century--the red underscore of the model id on the bodyside is almost visible (this red highlight is not on Special or Super side ids, and of course, not on RMs because they carried no such side id). RMs carried its model id in script across the trunk and also carries two chrome handles low on the lid instead of the larger single chrome emblem assembly on the other three series, visible in both of FredH's photos. In addition, the RM has two large chrome shields on its lower rear fenders behind the wheel openings.

Gaylord you would be correct! I managed to get myself fixated on the roof turret "C" pillar forgetting/ignoring that the 2 door hardtop (Riviera) models roof turret in '55 for other than Super and Roadmaster was different while the 4 door hardtop (Riviera) models was of the same appearance, though of a different dimension, across all Buick products. (for non car nuts; in Buick's vernacular in the time the term "Riviera" signified the absence of a post to the roof in the "B" pillar position.)