View Single Post
Old Posted May 29, 2011, 2:41 AM
Greetings from New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVNBKLYN View Post
Where are you getting your information? I think you should cite your sources.

For instance, the Portal Bridge project has not been funded (recent article) and, although long overdue, is unlikely to begin construction in the next two years as you state, particularly with Christie still in office. All of the NJ Transit rail extension projects (MOM, West Trenton, Lackawanna, etc) are only in the study phase. As far as I know, none of them have funding lined up or construction schedules set. The last online reference I could find for the Bergen-Passaic rail line was from 2009 and NJ Transit doesn't even have a project page for it. Where did you read it would be starting construction in the next two years?

And where are you getting your projections for ridership in 2030? Is that something official? Can you link to a source?
NJT staff and Newspaper articles , i have no idea whats going on with the Portal Bridge , last year they said it was funded this year it still needs funding. Theyve begun Prep work for some reason. The Bergen - Passaic line has its own page , i got my info from the County , they were displeased with NJT so it was sent back to the drawing boards. The MOM and West Trenton lines have there studies completed from what i know , there just figuring out funding and which routes to build. NIMBYs have also slowed the MOM project , but now that we have the ALP 45 DP's projects should start moving again. Me and a Friend took the Ridership numbers from the state , and county and some of our own numbers based on regional growth and commuter habits , along with TOD. There for the most part accurate , but the recent numbers came out , and our numbers are below what came out. But we NJT doesn't really update there numbers so were confused.... Now that i read the Portal Project is in limbo , most of the smaller projects listed are not in limbo and are included in the yearly budget. But 2035 is a long way away , and knowing NJT and PATH those projects will get build by then. For this decade you only see a smaller and mid sized projects , but i think in the 2020s you see the larger projects like the MOM , New Brunswick LRT , West Trenton system and Philpsburg connections. I'll start posting pictures of projects soon.... I got some of the Projects listed from the Video below , some from NJT staff , some from Organizations and counties. I'll try to get the sources all straightened out by next friday.

Video Link

Last edited by Nexis4Jersey; May 29, 2011 at 3:37 AM.