Thread: My Los Ángeles
View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 9, 2020, 7:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLA View Post
Love it, there is no place like Southern California. You really have to live here to enjoy and take advantage of all there is to offer and see.
I always find photos of the LA area interesting, such as many of the ones in sopas' thread, and I recall the threads you did in past yrs that were unmistakably 'southern california'. Photos that give a good sense of actually being there. Certain angles, subj matter & wide shots tend to do that.

by contrast, i notice a lot of picture books of cities...sometimes known as coffee table bks....sold at Barnes & noble don't do that quite as well.

It's interesting how many other parts of the country...& world too....have certain neighborhoods that give off the same look & feel. Trendy food, local eateries, ppl out relaxing & murals are indistinguishable from one another all over the US. So it's glimpses of certain things like palm trees in the background that make a pic recognizable as, a-ha, that's LA!

The climate in socal supports certain types of plant life not sustainable in colder or hotter areas. there's also a certain friendly or Mediterranean look about some of the architecture in the LA area whose counterpart is different elsewhere. of course, southern europe is the hub of places full of a friendly, inviting look.

I saw a SSP thread a few months ago that showed images of the beach areas of long island, New York. Weather & culture do make a big difference to a place's vibe.