View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 22, 2009, 11:02 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfx_chris View Post
I would hardly call Windsor and Young "downtown" - travelling to this area from Cole Harbour or Spryfield (your examples) would require at least one transfer, just as travelling to Dartmouth Crossing or the Mainland Common would. There's no one place, aside from the downtown core (Citadel anyone?), where it's going to be totally convenient for everybody coming from every location by transit.
As far as highway access, all three sites are in good locations.

However I think you guys are honestly dreaming if you ever thing there's a chance of a stadium going into the Young/Windsor area - unless of course if you wanted the Forum demolished.
I agree completely that Dartmouth Crossings or Mainland Commons would likely be easier to obtain land in. However, in the long run a more central location would be better. Looking at the map, that site is only about 1.5 km from the Halifax Commons where the concerts were held. So this is within walking distance of the Halifax Commons. It fact this site is only about 1.5 km from buses crossing the MacDonald Bridge and there are several bus routes in the area.

I doubt that the city would want to demolish the Halifax Forum since it would eliminate a couple of ice pads which the city needs. However, if they could obtain the site north of Young and Windsor street then people going to concerts and football games could use the parking lot at the Forum.